Overseas Korean Nurses Association(OKNA) was established after a need was identified to promote the unity and networking of all overseas Korean nurses at the Overseas Korean Nurses Meeting in 2011, in Seoul, Korea.
Since OKNA’s inaugural meeting that was held on June 28, 2012, in Los Angeles, California, more than 20 Korean nurses organizations are represented from U.S.A., Australia, Germany, and other countries. OKNA’s current office is located in New York, U.S.A.
Our vision is to be the leader in promoting the unity and networking of overseas Korean nurses
Our mission is to be the leader in providing information to enhance the overseas Korean nurses organizations. We support the organizations by providing professional assistance and leadership programs. Through unity and leadership, we lead in improving the quality of Korean nursing workforce and meeting the communities’ needs.
Major Objectives and Activities
- Lead and promote unity of all overseas Korean nurses.
- Support advancement of professional knowledge and visionary leadership.
- Lead to advance policy to advocate OKNA members.
- Promote nursing profession to future generations of Koreans residing outside of Korea
- Represent all OKNA members in events and meetings held in Korea.